Xiaomi Tech was founded as a Chinese smartphone producer in 2010 and soon reached high market shares in its home market. Although Xiaomi is not one of the Top 5 smartphone manufacturers worldwide in 2016, it is nevertheless one of the big global players in this market segment. One click on the zoomed-in image opens the original in a new window. The first image shows the scaled photograph of the test device. The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 used in phones like the RedMagic 7 was announced a year after the Snapdragon 888 that the Black Shark 4 pro uses.
- The Black Shark 4 comes with NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality.
- As a result, the sound field is expanded and delivers an immersive spatial stereo experience.
- The bezels were surprisingly thin all around, with a little tiny cutout for the front-facing camera.
- As far as I can tell, the only thing the 888 has over the newer model is its battery life, but honestly, that feels like splitting hairs.
In that time, his areas of focus and expertise have mostly been smartphones and wearables, but he has a musician’s ear and is equally adept at judging headphones and audio products. He’s a graduate in Film and TV Production, and in his spare time, he’s usually running, playing the guitar, doing yoga or training in the arts of movie and coffee snobbery.
- Firstly, the battery will wear out, requiring you to charge it several times a day.
- With Black Shark’s latest release of stock firmware file the Black Shark 4, they’ve got a couple of tricks to fix all that, the two biggest being, a highly responsive touchscreen, and physical buttons.
- To enter it, you can open the app or press both magnetic pop-up triggers together.
Don’t worry we have a quick solution for every single device. You can unbrick any phone, install custom ROM or fix any software error with a stock ROM flash file. The android device comes equipped with a “stock ROM,” also known as the “stock firmware”. The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device. The stock ROM has limited functionalities that are defined by the phone’s manufacturer.
We’ve reached a point in the year where you can really start finding some pretty great deals now that the “latest” processors are nearing their end of life. One great example of this is the Xiaomi Black Shark 4, which is an interesting and intriguing take on a gaming phone. But truthfully, the phone is much better than any of your “traditional” gaming phones. On the other hand, I noticed a serious overheating problem on 3DMark’s Wild Life Stress Test benchmark, which simulates gaming usage for 20 minutes.